[Openstack-operators] attaching network cards to VMs taking a very long time

George Mihaiescu lmihaiescu at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:46:59 UTC 2018

We use "vif_plugging_is_fatal = False" and "vif_plugging_timeout = 0" as
well as "no-ping" in the dnsmasq-neutron.conf, and large rally tests of 500
instances complete with no issues.

These are some good blogposts about Neutron performance:
https://www.mirantis.com/blog/openstack-neutron-performance-and-scalability-testing-summary/
https://www.mirantis.com/blog/improving-dhcp-performance-openstack/

I would run a large rally test like this one and see where time is spent
mostly:
{
    "NovaServers.boot_and_delete_server": [
        {