[Openstack-operators] Octavia on ocata centos 7

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu May 10 17:45:45 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,
I am moving from lbaas v2 based on haproxy driver to octavia on centos 7
ocata.

I installed a new host with octavia following the documentation.
I removed all old load balancers, stopped lbaas agent and configured
neutron following this link:

https://docs.openstack.org/octavia/queens/contributor/guides/dev-quick-start.html

On the octavia server all services are active, amphora images are
installed, but when I try to create a load balancer:

nuutron lbaas-loadbalancer-create --name lb1 private-subnet

it tries to connect to 127.0.0.1:5000

Either on octavia.conf or neutron.conf the section for keystone is
correctly configured

to reach controller address.

The old lbaas v2 based on haproxy driver worked fine before changing
configuration but

is was not possible protect lbaas adresses with security groups (this
is a very old problem) because security groups are applyed only to vm
ports.

Since Octavia load balancer is based on vm deirved from amphora image,
I'd like to use it to improve my security.

Any suggestion for my octavia configuration or alternatives to improve
security on lbaas ?

Thanks and Regards

Ignazio