[Openstack-operators] [nova] [placement] placement extraction session at forum

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed May 9 12:42:02 UTC 2018

I've started an etherpad related to the Vancouver Forum session on
extracting placement from nova. It's mostly just an outline for
now but is evolving:

     https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-placement-extraction

If we can get some real information in there before the session we
are much more likely to have a productive session. Please feel free
to add any notes or questions you have there. Or on this thread if
you prefer.

The (potentially overly-optimistic) hope is that we can complete any
prepatory work before the end of Rocky and then do the extraction in
Stein. If we are willing to accept (please, let's) some form of
control plane downtime data migration issues can be vastly eased.
Getting agreement on how that might work is one of the goals of the
session.

Your input very appreciated.