[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [nova][ironic] ironic_host_manager and baremetal scheduler options removal

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:39:03 UTC 2018

On 5/2/2018 12:00 PM, Mathieu Gagné wrote:
> If one can still run CachingScheduler (even if it's deprecated), I
> think we shouldn't remove the above options.
> As you can end up with a broken setup and IIUC no way to migrate to
> placement since migration script has yet to be written.

You're currently on cells v1 on mitaka right? So you have some time to
get this sorted out before getting to Rocky where the IronicHostManager
is dropped.

I know you're just one case, but I don't know how many people are really
running the CachingScheduler with ironic either, so it might be rare. It
would be nice to get other operator input here, like I'm guessing CERN
has their cells carved up so that certain cells are only serving
baremetal requests while other cells are only VMs?

FWIW, I think we can also backport the data migration CLI to stable
branches once we have it available so you can do your migration in let's
say Queens before getting to Rocky.

Matt