[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [nova] Default scheduler filters survey

Dave Holland dh3 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue May 1 08:30:33 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 12:41:21PM -0400, Mathieu Gagné wrote:
> Weighers for baremetal cells:
> * ReservedHostForTenantWeigher [7]
> [7] Used to favor reserved host over non-reserved ones based on project.

Hello Mathieu,

we are considering writing something like this, for virtual machines not
for baremetal. Our use case is that a project buying some compute
hardware is happy for others to use it, but when the compute "owner"
wants sole use of it, other projects' instances must be migrated off or
killed; a scheduler weigher like this might help us to minimise the
number of instances needing migration or termination at that point.
Would you be willing to share your source code please?

thanks,
Dave
--
** Dave Holland ** Systems Support -- Informatics Systems Group **
** 01223 496923 **    Wellcome Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK    **

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research