[Openstack-operators] OpenStack User Survey: Identity Service, Networking and Block Storage Drivers Answer Options

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Mar 29 23:45:22 UTC 2018

Hey Allison,

I have a few comments below about the Cinder drivers. Would love to hear
everyone's input too.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 12:22:05PM -0500, Allison Price wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are opening the OpenStack User Survey submission process next month and wanted to collect operator feedback on the answer choices for three particular questions: Identity Service (Keystone) drivers, Network (Neutron) drivers and Block Storage (Cinder) drivers. We want to make sure that we have a list of the most commonly used drivers so that we can collect the appropriate data from OpenStack users. Each of the questions will have a free text “Other” option, so they don’t need to be comprehensive, but if you think that there is a driver that should be included, please reply on this email thread or contact me directly.
>
> Thanks!
> Allison

> Which OpenStack Block Storage (Cinder) drivers are you using?
> Ceph RBD
Coraid - This was removed from Cinder several releases ago after only a short time in-tree.
Dell EqualLogic - May want to indicate an alias for its current name - Dell EMC PS Series
EMC - This one may be confusing as there are several EMC drivers, and now that it is Dell EMC, a couple more (see previous entry)
GlusterFS - This was also removed, by Red Hat. But that may be a good reason to include it to see if anyone is still using it.
> HDS
> HP 3PAR
> HP LeftHand
> Huawei
> IBM GPFS
> IBM NAS
> IBM Storwize
> IBM XIV / DS8000
> LVM (default)
> Mellanox
> NetApp
> Nexenta
> NFS
> ProphetStor
SAN / Solaris - Not sure what this is.
> Scality
> Sheepdog
SolidFire - now one of several NetApp drivers
> VMware VMDK
Windows Server 2012 - SMBFS driver?
Xenapi NFS - no idea what this is.
XenAPI Storage Manager - Or this one.