[Openstack-operators] [nova] about use spice console

李杰 lijie at unitedstack.com
Thu Mar 29 09:24:02 UTC 2018

Hi,all
           Now I want to use spice console replace novnc in instance.But the openstack documentation is a bit sparse on what configuration parameters to enable for SPICE console access. But my result is the nova-compute service and nova-consoleauth service failed,and the log tell me the "IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: /etc/nova/policy.json".So can you help me achieve this?Thank you very much.
           ENV is Pike or Queens release devstack.
           This is the step:
           1.on controller:
              yum install -y spice-server spice-protocol openstack-nova-spicehtml5proxy spice-html5
              change the nova.conf
              [default]
              vnc_enabled=false
              [spice]
              html5proxy_host=controller_ip
              html5proxy_port=6082
              keymap=en-us
              stop the novnc service
              start the spicehtml5proxy.service
         systemctl start openstack-nova-spicehtml5proxy.service
        2.on conmpute:
          yum install -y spice-server spice-protocol spice-html5
          change the nova-cpu.conf
          [default]
          vnc_enabled=false
          [spice]