[Openstack-operators] IMPORTANT - future of ops meetups!

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 19:32:30 UTC 2018

On 3/27/2018 12:49 PM, Chris Morgan wrote:
> With the current level of support for this idea, it looks likely to
> happen, but, particularly if you object, please speak up ASAP. Note that
> this would be instead of the tentative idea we had of an event in NYC in
> August. If this is welcomed by the operators community, I'll certainly
> try to swap the sponsorship from my employer over to this as I feel it
> will be even more valuable and initial feedback from other potential
> sponsors is favorable.
>
> Please make your voice heard on this issue!

Not to be too much of a downer here, but with the future of the PTG
survey I just took, does the ops community want to wait until that's all
sorted out? i.e. what happens if the future of the PTG means there is no
PTG, and it's all just munged together at the Forum, which is no longer
at the beginning of the cycle for vertical teams to plan their release
(like the old design summit) and is prohibitively expensive for lowly
devs and ops to attend? Would the ops community just want to continue
doing what they are doing?

Matt