[Openstack-operators] Ops Meetup, Co-Location options, and User Feedback

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Mar 20 18:09:16 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-20 10:37:21 -0500 (-0500), Jimmy McArthur wrote:
[...]
> We have an opportunity to co-locate the Ops Meetup at the PTG.
[...]

To echo what others have said so far, I'm wholeheartedly in favor of
this idea.

It's no secret I'm not a fan of the seemingly artificial schism in
our community between contributors who mostly write software and
contributors who mostly run software. There's not enough crossover
with the existing event silos, and I'd love to see increasing
opportunities for those of us who mostly write software to
collaborate more closely with those who mostly run software (and
vice versa). Having dedicated events and separate named identities
for these overlapping groups of people serves only to further divide
us, rather than bring us together where we can better draw on our
collective strengths to make something great.
--
Jeremy Stanley