[Openstack-operators] sporadic missing vxlan-tunnel-port assignment

Piotr Misiak piotrmisiak1984 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:26:01 UTC 2018

Hi Fabian,

We are running Pike.

We have DVR with centralized SNAT on L3-HA routers. We also have L2
population enabled which I think is responsible for the issue.

We can reproduce the issue almost every time we are spawning 100 VMs at
once. Usually 3-6 VMs have no connectivity to services running on
network nodes like DHCP, DNS so they don't have network configured.

As I mentioned in the bug we also observing issues with L3-HA routers
provisioned using Heat. After debugging I'm almost sure there is a race
condition which is triggered by massive network resources provisioning.
When we provision routers manually we always have a working router.