[Openstack-operators] How are you handling billing/chargeback?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Mar 14 17:39:29 UTC 2018

We’re using a combination of cASO (https://caso.readthedocs.io/en/stable/) and some low level libvirt fabric monitoring. The showback accounting reports are generated with merging with other compute/storage usage across various systems (HTCondor, SLURM, ...)

It would seem that those who needed solutions in the past found they had to do them themselves. It would be interesting if there are references of usage data/accounting/chargeback at scale with the current project set but doing the re-evaluation would be an effort which would need to be balanced versus just keeping the local solution working.

Tim