[Openstack-operators] [ironic] heads-up: classic drivers deprecation and future removal

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 11:11:53 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As you may already know, we have deprecated classic drivers in the Queens
release. We don't have specific removal plans yet. But according to the
deprecation policy we may remove them at any time after May 1st, which will be
half way to Rocky milestone 2. Personally, I'd like to do it around then.

The `online_data_migrations` script will handle migrating nodes, if all required
hardware interfaces and types are enabled before the upgrade to Queens.
Otherwise, check the documentation [1] on how to update your nodes.

Dmitry

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/admin/upgrade-to-hardware-types.html