[Openstack-operators] Ops Community Documentation - first anchor point

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Tue Jun 26 21:10:29 UTC 2018

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 12:36:52 -0500
Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis-KK0ffGbhmjU at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > Plan
> > ----
> > So to recap above, I would propose the following actions be taken:
> >
> > 1. Create sig-operators as a group to manage operator efforts at least related
> >    to what needs to be done in repos.
> > 2. Create an openstack/operations-guide repo to be the new home of the
> >    operations documentation.
>
> One correction to this - that repo already exists. It has been retired, so I
> think the action here would just be to "un-retire" the repo and get things
> updated to start publishing again.

That's great, looks like most of the skeleton from
https://github.com/openstack/operations-guide/tree/c628640944c9de139b4bc9dee80885060d4b6f83
can just be reused.

For step 2, let's start with moving
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/tree/a1f1748478125ccd68d90a98ccc06c7ec359d3a0/doc/ops-guide
from openstack-manuals, then. Other guides like ha or architecture can live
in their own repos, if the new SIG wants to own them, or can be merged
into the operations guide later on.

> > 3. Create a new StoryBoard project to help track work in these repos
> > x. Document all this.
> > 9. Profit!
> >
> > I'm willing to work through the steps to get these things set up. Please give
> > feedback if this proposed plan makes sense or if there is anything different
> > that would be preferred.

Thanks for the recap and for your help, Sean. If you need help from the
docs team side, please let me know / CC me on your patches.

Cheers,
pk