[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] Reminder to add "nova-status upgrade check" to deployment tooling

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 06:28:29 UTC 2018

On 13-06-18 10:14:32, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> I was going through some recently reported nova bugs and came across [1]
> which I opened at the Summit during one of the FFU sessions where I realized
> the nova upgrade docs don't mention the nova-status upgrade check CLI [2]
> (added in Ocata).
>
> As a result, I was wondering how many deployment tools out there support
> upgrades and from those, which are actually integrating that upgrade status
> check command.

TripleO doesn't at present but like OSA it looks trivial to add:

https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/master/docker/services/nova-api.yaml

I've created the following bug to track this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1777060

> I'm not really familiar with most of them, but I've dabbled in OSA enough to
> know where the code lived for nova upgrades, so I posted a patch [3].
>
> I'm hoping this can serve as a template for other deployment projects to
> integrate similar checks into their upgrade (and install verification)
> flows.
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1772973
> [2] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/cli/nova-status.html

Cheers,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76