[Openstack-operators] [nova] isolate hypervisor to project

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at crystone.com
Mon Jun 4 13:30:30 UTC 2018

Hello,
Thanks for the reply Matt.

The hard thing here is that I have to ensure it the other way around as
well i.e other instances cannot be allowed landing on those "reserved"
hypervisors.
I assume I could do something like in [1] and also set key-value
metadata on all flavors to select a host aggregate that is not the
"reserved" hypervisors.

openstack aggregate create fast-cpu --property fast-cpu=true --property
other=true
openstack aggregate create normal-cpu --property normal-cpu=true
--property other=true
openstack aggregate create dedicated --property dedicated=true
openstack aggregate add host fast-cpu compute1
openstack aggregate add host normal-cpu compute2
openstack aggregate add host dedicated compute3
openstack flavor create --vcpus 4 --ram 4096 --disk 50 --property
aggregate_instance_extra_specs:fast-cpu=true --property
aggregate_instance_extra_specs:other=true fast-cpu.medium
openstack flavor create --vcpus 4 --ram 4096 --disk 50 --property
aggregate_instance_extra_specs:normal-cpu=true --property
aggregate_instance_extra_specs:other=true normal-cpu.medium
openstack flavor create --vcpus 4 --ram 4096 --disk 50 --private
--project <project id> --property
aggregate_instance_extra_specs:dedicated=true dedicated.medium

It's seems very messy, would that be an supported approach?
We are on Queens, doing it in a way that is not removed in the future
would be optimal.

Best regards

[1] https://www.brad-x.com/2016/01/01/dedicate-compute-hosts-to-projects/