[Openstack-operators] [sig][upgrades][ansible][charms][tripleo][kolla][airship] reboot or poweroff?

James Page james.page at canonical.com
Mon Jul 23 16:01:39 UTC 2018

Hi All

tl;dr we (the original founders) have not managed to invest the time to get
the Upgrades SIG booted - time to hit reboot or time to poweroff?

Since Vancouver, two of the original SIG chairs have stepped down leaving
me in the hot seat with minimal participation from either deployment
projects or operators in the IRC meetings.  In addition I've only been able
to make every 3rd IRC meeting, so they have generally not being happening.

I think the current timing is not good for a lot of folk so finding a
better slot is probably a must-have if the SIG is going to continue - and
maybe moving to a monthly or bi-weekly schedule rather than the weekly slot
we have now.

In addition I need some willing folk to help with leadership in the SIG.
If you have an interest and would like to help please let me know!

I'd also like to better engage with all deployment projects - upgrades is
something that deployment tools should be looking to encapsulate as
features, so it would be good to get deployment projects engaged in the SIG
with nominated representatives.

Based on the attendance in upgrades sessions in Vancouver and
developer/operator appetite to discuss all things upgrade at said sessions
I'm assuming that there is still interest in having a SIG for Upgrades but
I may be wrong!

Thoughts?

James