[Openstack-operators] How are you handling billing/chargeback?

Christian Zunker christian.zunker at codecentric.cloud
Tue Jul 10 04:54:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

just a short feedback to my previous post.

We switched from our self-written Python script to cloudkitty. We had to
make some commits to openstack-ansible, to integrate cloudkitty into our
installation but we got it working.

cloudkitty replaced our self-written script completely. We needed some time
to get used to it, but it reduced our maintenance.

We will have to write a converter for the json/csv reports generated by
cloudkitty, so we can import the data into our billing system. But we get
the complete data we need from cloudkitty which is worth a lot.

Our next steps:
- Perhaps migrate to gnocchi as cloudkitty storage backend. We will have to
test this first.
- The Horizon pages aren't that nice, especially the user-facing one. We
will have a look at that later. For now, we disabled it.

regards
Christian

Christian Zunker <christian.zunker at codecentric.cloud> schrieb am Di., 8.
Mai 2018 um 08:36 Uhr: