[Openstack-operators] Ops Survey Results!

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jul 3 21:41:45 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Chris Morgan's message of 2018-07-03 15:51:09 -0400:
> I've spent some time trying to find the old polls, but I don't think we
> collected the numbers, we just announced the decision. Certainly for the
> ops meetup in mexico last august I found a link for a doodle poll about
> which venue, but the link is dead and the meeting minutes don't list the
> numbers.
>
> I agree with Erik that we normally think of these events (ops meetups not
> at main Summits) as being for about 100 people. Japan earlier this year was
> almost exactly that, mexico last august about half that, Philadelphia way
> over. If we take that as a rule then we had about 25% participation, which
> is not bad. We don't know how many people our potential audience is so in
> the end this is always going to be hand-wavy

That gives me an idea of how much weight to attach to the results.
At first they seemed like they may not mean much because the numbers
were low, but if there are only about 100 people attending the event
anyway then maybe the results are more significant than they initially
appeared.

Doug