[Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators][nova] Verbosity of nova scheduler

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 9 20:33:39 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-09 12:38:05 -0600 (-0600), Matt Riedemann wrote:
[...]
> Also, there is a noticeable impact to performance when running the
> scheduler with debug logging enabled which is why it's not
> recommended to run with debug enabled in production.

Further, OpenStack considers security risks exposed by DEBUG level
logging to be only hardening opportunities, and as such these often
linger unfixed or don't get backported to earlier releases (in other
words, we consider running in production with DEBUG level logging to
be a risky from an information security standpoint).
--
Jeremy Stanley