[Openstack-operators] [tripleo]Pacemaker in split controller mode

Michele Baldessari michele at acksyn.org
Fri Aug 31 19:06:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 01:46:43PM -0400, Cody wrote:
> A quick question on TripleO. If I take any pacemaker managed services
> (e.g. database) from the monolithic controller role and put them onto
> another cluster, would that cluster be managed as a separate pacemaker
> cluster?

No, if you split off any pcmk-managed services to a separate role they
will still be managed by a single pacemaker cluster. Since Ocata we have
composable HA roles, so you can split off DB/messaging/etc to separate
nodes (roles). They will be all part of a single cluster.

cheers,
Michele
--
Michele Baldessari            <michele at acksyn.org>
C2A5 9DA3 9961 4FFB E01B  D0BC DDD4 DCCB 7515 5C6D