[Openstack-operators] Mailman topic filtering (was: Bringing the community together...)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Aug 31 16:17:26 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-31 09:35:55 +0100 (+0100), Stephen Finucane wrote:
[...]
> I've tinked with mailman 3 before so I could probably take a shot at
> this over the next few week(end)s; however, I've no idea how this
> feature is supposed to work. Any chance an admin of the current list
> could send me a couple of screenshots of the feature in mailman 2 along
> with a brief description of the feature? Alternatively, maybe we could
> upload them to the wiki page Tony linked above or, better yet, to the
> technical details page for same:
>
>   https://wiki.mailman.psf.io/DEV/Brief%20Technical%20Details

Looks like this should be
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Brief%20Technical%20Details instead,
however reading through it doesn't really sound like the topic
filtering feature from MM2.

The List Member Manual has a very brief description of the feature
from the subscriber standpoint:

    http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node29.html

The List Administration Manual unfortunately doesn't have any
content for the feature, just a stubbed-out section heading:

    http://www.list.org/mailman-admin/node30.html

Sending screenshots to the ML is a bit tough, but luckily MIT's
listadmins have posted some so we don't need to:

    http://web.mit.edu/lists/mailman/topics.html

--
Jeremy Stanley