[Openstack-operators] [Openstack-sigs] [all] Bringing the community together (combine the lists!)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 30 21:12:57 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-31 01:13:58 +0800 (+0800), Rico Lin wrote:
[...]
> What needs to be done for this is full topic categories support
> under `options` page so people get to filter emails properly.
[...]

Unfortunately, topic filtering is one of the MM2 features the
Mailman community decided nobody used (or at least not enough to
warrant preserving it in MM3). I do think we need to be consistent
about tagging subjects to make client-side filtering more effective
for people who want that, but if we _do_ want to be able to upgrade
we shouldn't continue to rely on server-side filtering support in
Mailman unless we can somehow work with them to help in
reimplementing it.
--
Jeremy Stanley