[Openstack-operators] [openstack-ansible][queens] networking_sfc plugin not found - venv pb ?

nicolas at lrasc.fr nicolas at lrasc.fr
Fri Aug 24 15:11:34 UTC 2018

OpenStack version : stable/queens
OSA version       : 17.0.9.dev22
python env version: python2.7
operating system  : Ubuntu Server 16.04

Hi all,
I was trying to install the *networking_sfc* plugin on my openstack
environment thanks to OSA,
but it failed. But I may have found the problem.

I think the problem comes from the python virtualenv and the
networking_sfc python package that is not installed by OSA.
Thanks to OSA, I have a python2.7 virtualenv on my neutron-server:
"/openstack/venvs/neutron-17.0.9/lib/python2.7"

I think its a bug in OSA. But maybe I missed something.

These are my steps:
1. Following the inspiration from here (link below), but without
installing ODL.
I modified the OSA "user_variables.yml" like this.
https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible-os_neutron/latest/app-opendaylight.html

   user at OSA: vim /etc/openstack_deploy/user_variables.yml
   ```
   [...]
   neutron_plugin_base:
    - router
    - metering
    - networking_sfc.services.flowclassifier.plugin.FlowClassifierPlugin
    - networking_sfc.services.sfc.plugin.SfcPlugin
   [...]
   ```

2. After the OSA deployment is finished with success (with 0 failed), I
can see in the neutron-server log that plugins related to SFC are not
found.

   user at neutron-serveur: less /var/log/neutron/neutron-server.log
   ```
   [...]
   Plugin
'networking_sfc.services.flowclassifier.plugin.FlowClassifierPlugin' not
found.
   [...]
   ```

3. I decided to manually install [over my OSA deployment] and configure
networking_sfc following these links:
* https://docs.openstack.org/networking-sfc/latest/install/install.html
* https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/networking-sfc/queens.html

I install with pip (python2.7).

BUT first, I must source the right venv (OSA seems to be prepared for
that):
   user at neutron-serveur: source
/openstack/venvs/neutron-17.0.9/bin/activate

Then I install networking-sfc:
   (neutron-17.0.9) user at neutron-serveur: pip install -c
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt?h=stable/queens
networking-sfc==6.0.0

The install seems to be ok (no error, only Ignoring python3.x version of
soft).

Then, I modify the neutron config files like this:
https://docs.openstack.org/networking-sfc/latest/install/configuration.html

And then it seems to be good so far (`openstack network agent list` show
all the agent needed, but I have not tested SFC feature yet. I can keep
you updated next week).

Also, I don't have the CLI "neutron-db-manage" and I don't find how to
install/use it. And I don't know if this is important for OSA.

Best regards,
--
Nicolas