[Openstack-operators] [openstack-ansible] configuration file override

Budai Laszlo laszlo.budai at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:48:30 UTC 2018

On 21.08.2018 12:32, jean-philippe at evrard.me wrote:
>> My problem is that the servers that I'm using have their name defined as dcx-cy-blz (datacenter - chassis - blade). After installing openstack these names are reflected as the names of the hosts in nova.
>> We would like to have our compute nodes referenced as compute1, compute2 ....
>
> The simplest is then to use compute1, compute2, etc. in your /etc/openstack_deploy/openstack_user_config. You can still internally refer to dcx-cy-blz if you like, it will just not appear openstack or in the inventory.
>
> Regards,
> JP

This is how I tried, but did not worked out .... in the /etc/openstack_deploy/openstack_user_config.yml I had:

_compute_hosts: &compute_hosts
   compute1:
     ip: 10.210.201.40
     host_vars:
         neutron_neutron_conf_overrides:
           DEFAULT:
             host: "{{ inventory_hostname }}.example.intra"
         nova_nova_conf_overrides:
           DEFAULT:
             host: "{{ inventory_hostname }}.example.intra"
   compute2:
     ip: 10.210.201.41
     host_vars:
         neutron_neutron_conf_overrides:
           DEFAULT:
             host: "{{ inventory_hostname }}.example.intra"
         nova_nova_conf_overrides:
           DEFAULT:
             host: "{{ inventory_hostname }}.example.intra"

What have done wrong?

Thank you,
Laszlo