[Openstack-operators] Public Cloud WG PTG Summary

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:22:48 UTC 2018

Hi team,

Sorry for this long overdue summary. During the Dublin PTG as a WG we held
two successful discussion sessions on Mon and Tues, and below are the
conclusions for this year's planning as far as I could recall. Please feel
free to provide further feedback :)

   - Passport Program v2
      - We want to push forward the passport program into the v2 stage this
      year, including QR code promotion, more member clouds (APAC and North
      America) and possibly a blockchain experiment (cloud ledger proposal [0])
      targeting Berlin Summit if the testnet proves to be successful.
      - We will be also looking into the possibility of having OpenLab as a
      special member of Passport Program to help ease some of the
difficulties of
      purely business facing or academic clouds to join the initiative.
   -  Public Cloud Feature List
   - We will look at a more formal draft of the feature list [1] ready for
      Vancouver and gather some additional requirement at Vancouver
summit. It is
      also possible for us to do a white paper based upon the feature list
      content this year, to help user and operators alike better understanding
      what OpenStack public cloud could offer.
   - Public Cloud SDK Certification
      - Chris Hoge, Dims and Melvin have been helping putting up a testing
      plan for public cloud sdk certification based upon the initial
work OpenLab
      team has achieved. Public Cloud WG will provide a interop-like guideline
      based upon the testing mechanism.
   - Public Cloud Meetup
      - We look forward to have more :)

[0]
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RYRq1YdYEoZ5KNKwlDDtnunMdoYRAHPjPslnng3VqcI/edit?usp=sharing

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mf8OAyTzZxCKzYHMgBl-QK_2-XSycSkOjqCyMTIedkA/edit?usp=sharing

--
Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado