[Openstack-operators] 4K block size

John van Ommen john.vanommen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:15:51 UTC 2018

The benchmarks DO appear to show a modest improvement.

In the bugzilla post you linked, Paolo said that

"With 4k logical sector size in the host, you must have a 4k logical
sector size in the guest too."

So it appears you'd need to use a disk that physically supports it, along
with an OS that supports it also.

RHEL7 supports it, here's some detail:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/56494