[Openstack-operators] [magnum] issue using magnum on Pike

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Fri Sep 29 14:01:02 UTC 2017

The current release of Magnum is 5.0.1. You seem to be running a later dev
release. Perhaps sine regression got introduced in that build?

-Erik

On Sep 29, 2017 8:59 AM, "Andy Wojnarek" <andy.wojnarek at theatsgroup.com>
wrote:

So I started a fresh install of Pike on OpenSuSE in my test lab at work,
and I’m having a hard time getting Magnum to work. I’m getting this error
on Cluster Create:

http://paste.openstack.org/show/622304/

(AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'APIClient')

*I’m running OpenSuSE 42.2, here are my magnum packages:*

gvicopnstk01:~ # rpm -qa | grep -i magnum

openstack-magnum-api-5.0.2~dev8-1.2.noarch

python-magnum-5.0.2~dev8-1.2.noarch

openstack-magnum-5.0.2~dev8-1.2.noarch

openstack-magnum-conductor-5.0.2~dev8-1.2.noarch

python-magnumclient-2.6.0-1.11.noarch

*Command I’m running to create the cluster:*

gvicopnstk01:~ # magnum cluster-create --name k8s-cluster
 --cluster-template k8s-cluster-template   --master-count 1   --node-count 1

*The Template I’m using:*

gvicopnstk01:~ # magnum cluster-template-show 6fa514c1-f598-46b1-8bba-
6c7c728094bc

+-----------------------+--------------------------------------+

| Property              | Value                                |

+-----------------------+--------------------------------------+

| insecure_registry     | -                                    |

| labels                | {}                                   |

| updated_at            | -                                    |

| floating_ip_enabled   | True                                 |

| fixed_subnet          | -                                    |

| master_flavor_id      | m1.small                             |

| uuid                  | 6fa514c1-f598-46b1-8bba-6c7c728094bc |

| no_proxy              | -                                    |

| https_proxy           | -                                    |

| tls_disabled          | False                                |

| keypair_id            | AW                                   |

| public                | False                                |

| http_proxy            | -                                    |

| docker_volume_size    | -                                    |

| server_type           | vm                                   |

| external_network_id   | provider                             |

| cluster_distro        | fedora-atomic                        |

| image_id              | fedora-atomic-ocata                  |

| volume_driver         | -                                    |

| registry_enabled      | False                                |

| docker_storage_driver | devicemapper                         |

| apiserver_port        | -                                    |

| name                  | k8s-cluster-template                 |

| created_at            | 2017-09-28T19:25:58+00:00            |

| network_driver        | flannel                              |

| fixed_network         | -                                    |

| coe                   | kubernetes                           |

| flavor_id             | m1.small                             |

| master_lb_enabled     | False                                |

| dns_nameserver        | 192.168.240.150                      |

(The image name is Ocata because I downloaded the Ocata image, I figured it
was fine)

The Error I’m getting I cannot find anything about it on Google. Any got
any ideas the right direction I should go?

Thanks,

Andrew Wojnarek |  Sr. Systems Engineer    | ATS Group, LLC

mobile 717.856.6901 <(717)%20856-6901> | andy.wojnarek at TheATSGroup.com

*Galileo Performance Explorer Blog* <http://galileosuite.com/blog/>* Offers
Deep Insights for Server/Storage Systems*