[Openstack-operators] [cinder] Marking Cisco Fibre Channel Zone Manager Unsupported ...

Jay S Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 19:28:28 UTC 2017

All,

I am writing to make everyone aware that we have had to move the Cisco
Fibre Channel Zone Manager driver to the unsupported and deprecated status.

CI has not run successfully for the better part of the last year and as
per Cinder's compliance policies, the driver needs to be deprecated and
will be removed in the Rocky release if the problem is not corrected.

Cisco has not been able to keep a 3rd Party CI running and the storage
vendor who had been running the CI for Cisco is no longer able to
maintain the CI.

If you are a storage vendor or consumer who would like to volunteer to
keep the CI running again to avoid removal the Cinder team would welcome
your support.  Send me an e-mail or find me in IRC if you would like to
discuss this.  Otherwise, we will be removing the driver in the next
release.

- Jay

(jungleboyj)