[Openstack-operators] Cinder quota per volume types in the dashboard

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Mon Sep 25 08:13:27 UTC 2017

Massimo, Saverio,

We faced the same issue and have created patches for Horizon to display
- the per volume quota in the volume request panel, and also
- additional information about the volume type (like IOPS and throughput limits, intended usage etc.)

The patches will need some polishing before being sent upstream (I’ll need
need to cross-check with our Horizon experts), but we use them in prod since
quite a while and are happy to already share patch files if you’re interested.

Cheers,
 Arne

> On 25 Sep 2017, at 09:58, Saverio Proto <zioproto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am pinging on IRC robcresswell from the Horizon project. He is still
> PTL I think.
> If you are on IRC please join #openstack-horizon.
>
> We should ask the Horizon PTL how to get this feature request into
> implementation.
>
> With the command line interface, can you already see the two different
> quotas for the two different volume types ? Can you paste an example
> output from the CLI ?
>
> thank you
>
> Saverio

>> We are currently running Mitaka (preparing to update to Ocata). I see the
>> same behavior on an Ocata based testbed
>>
>> Thanks, Massimo

>>> Hello Massimo,
>>>
>>> what is your version of Openstack ??