[Openstack-operators] [cinder] OpenStack Pike for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Mon Sep 4 17:03:14 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 12:45 PM, James Page <james.page at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 at 17:17 Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> First - yay, awesome work. Glad to see this made available quickly.
>> Nice work.

++ Congrats indeed!

> Ta
>>
>> But second - are you aware of deployment issues with Cinder API
>> with these packages? I've had a report from someone on IRC that
>> they deployed their environment using these and they are getting
>> an error because it is not finding api-paste.ini. From just looking at
>> the logs, looks like it is not getting the full path to the file. The file
>> itself is at the expected location.
>
> Hmm - no not aware of that issue (def did not come up during final testing).
>
> A bug would be a great start and we can work from there to resolve.

Something we've uncovered in the Puppet CI is the fact that Cinder
needs some tools which have to be installed:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500335/

We install them manually but I'm sure it would be nice if they were
automatically installed, not sure if you know anything about that.