[Openstack-operators] Nova with Vmware driver as backend, reporting "vim.fault.PlatformConfigFault".

张 盛平 zhangshengping2012 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 01:38:41 UTC 2017

Hello,

I met a problem while I am testing to use vcenter (vmware driver) as backend of Openstack. When I am boot up a vm (by following the doc  "NovaVMware/DeveloperGuide - OpenStack<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NovaVMware/DeveloperGuide> "  step by step), the vm status is ERROR. I traced the code, I found ESXI throw the Exception "vim.fault.PlatformConfigFault", while the vm is creating,

I did find some logs in hostd.log of ESXi, but I did not find any logs in vmkernel.log of ESXi.

The hostd.log log is attach with this email, anyone can help to tell me what is wrong here? or which is the right docs I should follow. Thanks in advance.

Best regards