[Openstack-operators] [cinder] Cant create Volume from Image, says checksums dont match

Christopher Hull chrishull42 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:10:58 UTC 2017

Hi Sean;
It works just fine without the check.  This is a hack, not my preferred
solution.  It would be nice if Cinder properly doublechecked the checksum.
But this does work nicely.

The symptom you will get from Horizon is an almost useless error message
telling you to come back later.  Us Java folks believe in proper error
propagation.  Guess PyDevs don't.  heh.  (I do Py too btw).

I am not running any particular distro.  I installed Liberty myself and
developed a small tool to help with custom OPenstack installs.   I would
like to place it in the Operators git.  Had tried that before with
difficulty so I posted to Github.    See
https://github.com/chrishull/github-openstack

Anyway, here's my fix with notes....

-Chris

-------

2017-10-19 14:02:18.334 2787 ERROR oslo_messaging.rpc.dispatcher   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/glanceclient/common/utils.py", line 434,
in integrity_iter

2017-10-19 14:02:18.334 2787 ERROR oslo_messaging.rpc.dispatcher
 (md5sum, checksum))

def integrity_iter(iter, checksum):
    """Check image data integrity.

    :raises: IOError
    """
    md5sum = hashlib.md5()
    for chunk in iter:
        yield chunk
        if isinstance(chunk, six.string_types):
            chunk = six.b(chunk)
        md5sum.update(chunk)
    md5sum = md5sum.hexdigest()
    # if md5sum != checksum:   <--- line 434
    #    raise IOError(errno.EPIPE,
    #                  'Corrupt image download. Checksum was %s expected
%s' %
    #                  (md5sum, checksum))
    # Checksum is known to be good and working.  glance to cinder seems to
have an issue
    # Code commented out by chris hull on 19 Oct 2017  CTH

- Christopher T. Hull
My contract at NASA has ended and I am seeking new opportunities.
For updated resume and other info, please click this link.
http://faq.chrishull.com
Sunnyvale CA. 94085
(415) 385 4865
chrishull42 at gmail.com