[Openstack-operators] CentOS upgrade killed my Liberty system

Christopher Hull chrishull42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 18:12:18 UTC 2017

Hi all;

About 18 months ago I did a piece by piece install of Liberty (following
instructions on the Openstack page) and had been using it until somewhat
recently when it broke after a CentOS 7 update ran.  I think Python/http is
what changed / broke (sessionless connections no longer supported?).
Basics like nova list still work, but Horizon won't run.

How can I "downgrade" my CentOS box?
Or alternatively, how painful is it to update to the most current
Openstack?

Also, I noticed that the CeotOS cloud SIG repo moved.

Please help.  :-)

BTW, for installs I wrote a tool to help with setting up the many Openstack
config files.   If interested, you can find it here.
http://chrishull.com/career/openstack/index.html
https://github.com/chrishull/github-openstack

Several months ago I tried to check this into the Openstack Operators GIT
repo, but had difficulty.

Anyway.  Please advise on how I can fix my Liberty system if you can.

Thanks;
-Chris

- Christopher T. Hull
My contract at NASA has ended and I am seeking new opportunities.
For updated resume and other info, please click this link.
http://faq.chrishull.com
Sunnyvale CA. 94085
(415) 385 4865
chrishull42 at gmail.com