[Openstack-operators] Mitaka and gnocchi

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue May 30 20:11:32 UTC 2017

On 30/05/17 10:42 AM, mate200 at mailbox.org wrote:

> Second thing, that I don't understand is how to get access to stored
> data. For instance, with ceilometer I can execute /ceilometer
> sample-list -m memory.usage -q resource_id=<id number> /
> and receive memory usage for some instance. Now, If i execute previous
> command I get '('Connection aborted.', BadStatusLine("''",))', so if I
> understand right I should use gnocchiclient.
> I've been playing with it for a few hours already, but still no luck.
> Could you point me in right direction ?

gnocchi is a completely different api from ceilometer. see:
http://gnocchi.xyz/gnocchiclient/shell.html for cli usage;
http://gnocchi.xyz/rest.html for REST and
https://www.slideshare.net/GordonChung/ceilometer-to-gnocchi if you're
not sure what difference between ceilometer and gnocchi is (made that
over a year ago, so it doesn't cover everything in gnocchi)

cheers,
--
gord