[Openstack-operators] nova_cell0 database connection string

Mike Lowe jomlowe at iu.edu
Fri May 26 15:04:14 UTC 2017

The whole cell thing tripped me up earlier this week.  From what I understand it’s hard coded in the upgrade scripts to be the same as the nova_api db with cell0 appended to the db name but there is a patch in to change this behavior to match what the install docs say.  So it looks like if you just put the nova_cell0 db on the same host and make the credentials match your nova db everything will just work out.  You can double check by looking at the cell_mapping table entries in your nova_api db.