[Openstack-operators] [keystone][nova][cinder][glance][neutron][horizon][policy] defining admin-ness

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Wed May 24 15:35:28 UTC 2017

Hey all,

To date we have two proposed solutions for tackling the admin-ness issue we
have across the services. One builds on the existing scope concepts by
scoping to an admin project [0]. The other introduces global role
assignments [1] as a way to denote elevated privileges.

I'd like to get some feedback from operators, as well as developers from
other projects, on each approach. Since work is required in keystone, it
would be good to get consensus before spec freeze (June 9th). If you have
specific questions on either approach, feel free to ping me or drop by the
weekly policy meeting [2].

Thanks!

[0] http://adam.younglogic.com/2017/05/fixing-bug-96869/
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464763/