[Openstack-operators] [nova][ironic][scheduler][placement] IMPORTANT: NOT Getting rid of the automated reschedule functionality

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue May 23 20:43:56 UTC 2017

Hello Dear Operators,

OK, we've heard you loud and (mostly) clear. We won't remove the
automated rescheduling behavior from Nova. While we will be removing the
primary cause of reschedules (resource overconsumption races), we cannot
yet eliminate the catchall exception handling on the compute node that
triggers a retry of the instance launch. Nor will we be able to fully
ameliorate the affinity/anti-affinity last-minute violation problems for
at least another release.

So, we'll continue to support basic retries within the
originally-selected cell.

Best,
-jay