[Openstack-operators] [nova][ironic][scheduler][placement] IMPORTANT: Getting rid of the automated reschedule functionality

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue May 23 15:44:49 UTC 2017

On 05/23/2017 09:48 AM, Marc Heckmann wrote:
> For the anti-affinity use case, it's really useful for smaller or medium
> size operators who want to provide some form of failure domains to users
> but do not have the resources to create AZ's at DC or even at rack or
> row scale. Don't forget that as soon as you introduce AZs, you need to
> grow those AZs at the same rate and have the same flavor offerings
> across those AZs.
>
> For the retry thing, I think enough people have chimed in to echo the
> general sentiment.

The purpose of my ML post was around getting rid of retries, not the
usefulness of affinity groups. That seems to have been missed, however.

Do you or David have any data on how often you've actually seen retries
due to the last-minute affinity constraint violation in real world
production?

Thanks,
-jay