[Openstack-operators] [nova][ironic][scheduler][placement] IMPORTANT: Getting rid of the automated reschedule functionality

James Penick jpenick at gmail.com
Mon May 22 20:51:16 UTC 2017

In the case of baremetal in our environment, when a boot attempt fails we
mark that node as being in maintenance mode, which prevents Nova from
scheduling to it a second time. Then automation comes along and files
repair tickets for the bad hardware. Only when a human or other automation
fixes the node and removes the "maintenance" state, will it be available
for scheduling again.