[Openstack-operators] [nova][ironic][scheduler][placement] IMPORTANT: Getting rid of the automated reschedule functionality

James Penick jpenick at gmail.com
Mon May 22 20:01:41 UTC 2017

That depends..
 I differentiate between a compute worker running on a hypervisor, and one
running as a service in the control plane (like the compute worker in an
Ironic cluster).

 A compute worker that is running on a hypervisor has highly restricted
network access. But if the compute worker is a service in the control
plane, such as it is with my Ironic installations, that's totally ok. It
really comes down to the fact that I don't want any real or logical network
access between an instance and the heart of the control plane.

 I'll allow a child cell control plane to call a parent cell, just not a
hypervisor within the child cell.