[Openstack-operators] Fuel setup problem

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Mon May 22 15:09:30 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Matthieu Lejeune <
matthieu.lejeune at exxoss.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please someone as some experience with fuel and problem like ?
>
> On an other side someone have production expercience with fuel ? It's a
> good idea?
>
> Matthieu
>

> Le 11/05/17 à 20:28, Matthieu Lejeune a écrit :
>
> Hi all,
>

> I try to make a setup with openstack fuel 10
>
> 1 controller
> 2 compute node
>
> Everything looks ok after the setup. But after a reboot of all servers I
> got problems:
>
> - The fuel node is already back online
> - The controller and nodes are ok
>
> But the Fuel master node see all the node offline
>
> [root at fuelmale ~]# fuel2 node list
> +----+------------------+--------+-------------+------------
> +-------------------+---------+----------------+--------+---
> ------------+-------------------------+
> | id | name             | status | os_platform | ip         |
> mac               | cluster | platform_name  | online | pending_roles |
> roles                   |
> +----+------------------+--------+-------------+------------
> +-------------------+---------+----------------+--------+---
> ------------+-------------------------+
> | 12 | Controller       | ready  | ubuntu      | 10.80.2.11 |
> 18:66:da:eb:c3:b4 |       5 | PowerEdge R730 | False  | []            |
> [u'controller']         |
>

> So there is a way to get nodes back online status on Fuel ?

Unless something has changed recently in fuel, nodes go off line when it
stops checking in with the fuel master. Check that mcollective is running
(check logs) on the nodes and it has access to send data to the fuel master
(check the networking).

Thanks,
-Alex