[Openstack-operators] Cannot create provider network

sinan at turka.nl sinan at turka.nl
Wed May 17 15:00:26 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have followed the installation documentation at
https://docs.openstack.org/newton/install-guide-rdo.

Everything went fine.

As stated at
https://docs.openstack.org/newton/install-guide-rdo/launch-instance-networks-provider.html#launch-instance-networks-provider
I tried to create a provider network. I succeeded with this, but I wanted
to make some changes, so I have deleted it and tried to recreate it, but
it fails with the following:

[root at controller ~]# openstack network create  --share --external \
>   --provider-physical-network provider \
>   --provider-network-type flat provider
HttpException: Conflict
[root at controller ~]#

When I try the same with the neutron command, I am getting the following:

[root at controller ~]# neutron net-create --shared
--provider:physical_network provider \
>   --provider:network_type flat provider
Unable to create the flat network. Physical network provider is in use.
Neutron server returns request_ids:
['req-169949d5-56c6-44e8-b5c7-d251dcf98fc2']
[root at controller ~]#

Any suggestions?

Thanks!