[Openstack-operators] Openstack-Ansible (Ocata branch) deployment failing - "No matching distribution found for mysql-python"

Andy McCrae andy.mccrae at gmail.com
Fri May 12 23:10:00 UTC 2017

Hi Eugene,

sorry its taken me a while to get to the bottom of this error, running the
> op-venv-script manually helped me eventually find the issue. We run the
> install in a limited internet environment, I had overridden the
> pip_install_options to specify our python cache and wheel indices and had
> seen this working in the logs during the wheel builds so had disregarded it
> as a possible issue. I had failed to understand that the venv script does
> not honour those pip install options and I had to duplicate the options for
> the repo_build_venv_pip_install_options variable. This allowed the
> install to run correctly, took a lot of digging to find it unfortunately.
>
> Now that its all working it seems simple enough but getting to the point
> of a total offline install using openstack-ansible has certainly been one
> of the more challenging things I have done in my career.
>
> Thanks for the help and pointers,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it's working - we'd love to hear your
feedback or any changes that could be done to make it easier. I know you
are not the only one working through an offline install with OSA so if
there are things we can look to adjust to improve the experience that would
be great.

Andy