[Openstack-operators] backup to object store - tool recommendations

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Mar 27 20:11:32 UTC 2017

On 27 Mar 2017, at 4:39, Blair Bethwaite wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for good tools to perform
> file-system/tree backups and restores to/from a (Ceph RGW-based)
> object store (Swift or S3 APIs)? Happy to hear about both FOSS and
> commercial options please.
>
> I'm interested in:
> 1) tools known to work or not work at all for a basic file-based data backup

There's a bunch of backup tools that will work with the Swift API and/or the S3 API.

Veritas, Commvault, Trilio, and CloudBerry all work. There's other companies too that can back specific stuff up to Swift (e.g. Percona with MySQL).

(The above list taken from https://www.swiftstack.com/solutions/backup [my employer] because it's the first linkable place I knew of to answer your question.)

--John