[Openstack-operators] [Openstack-sdk] Error in making connection Openstack Python SDK

Amit Kumar ebiibe82 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 11:12:03 UTC 2017

Andy, thanks for your response.

Address is reachable. I am running Horizon UI on this address successfully.
I used "http" whereas it should be "https" but it is not working currently
with https as well.

Anyways, I tried the script from utility container where openstack command
line client is successful in executing the commands but python sdk
connection is failing with following error:

*"openstack.exceptions.HttpException: HttpException: Expecting to find
domain in project - the server could not comply with the request since it
is either malformed or otherwise incorrect. The client is assumed to be in
error."*

On noting the difference in wireshark traces, openstack command line client
is adding "domain" related information in request but this domain related
information is missing while attempting connection using python SDK.

@openstack-sdk, could anyone provide information that how to add domain
related information while attempting connection using python sdk.

Regards,
Amit