[Openstack-operators] Error in making connection Openstack Python SDK

Andy McCrae andy.mccrae at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:24:35 UTC 2017

Hi Amit,

Sending it again to include the ML!

On 2 March 2017 at 11:01, Amit Kumar <ebiibe82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have deployed Openstack using Openstack-Ansible. I am using Newton
> release from tag 14.0.8. My test environment is containing only Compute
> Node and Controller Node (Infra Node).
> When using Openstack Python SDK, I am getting following error while making
> connection to external_vib_lp_address (192.168.255.45) binded to port 5000.
>
> *openstack.exceptions.SDKException: Connection failure that may be
> retried.*

Based on the error this is a connection issue -  have you tested manually
connecting to the external address you listed on that port?
A good place to start would be to start looking at why it can't connect and
seeing if you can manually connect outside of using the SDK.

Are you trying to connect from a separate host to the OpenStack
environment? If so can you even access 192.168.255.45?

If you're still having issues feel free to jump into #openstack-ansible on
Freenode and hopefully you'll be able to get more help there!

Andy