[Openstack-operators] Leveraging Gnocchi in Mitaka

Mike Smith mismith at overstock.com
Sun Jun 25 02:49:02 UTC 2017

Thanks for the response Gordon.  I work together with Tracy and can add a couple of things:

We use ceilometer-compute and we would like to have it push metrics directly to Gnocchi, bypassing the rabbit queues that ceilometer uses in the default Mitaka configuration.  Currently our ceilometer-compute pushes to the notification queue, which gets consumed by a ceilometer process and put into the metrics queue, which in turn gets consumed and pushed to gnocchi by the another ceilometer process.

We have tried to set the ‘publisher’ in the ceilometer pipeline.yaml file to gnocchi:// instead of notifier://, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.  No errors or anything, it just doesn’t seem to try and send metrics to the configured gnocchi endpoint.

We are running RDO and have openstack-ceilometer-compute-6.1.3-2.el7.   We’re curious if a different version of openstack-ceilometer-compute is required in order to send metrics directly to gnocchi.

Mike