[Openstack-operators] Ocata instance snapshot

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 12:36:18 UTC 2017

Hello Ignazio,

do you mean the instance has booted from volume ?

when is booted from volume this 0 bytes glance image is created
together with a cinder snapshot.

I wrote about it for my openstack users here:
https://help.switch.ch/engines/documentation/backup-with-snapshots/

I think that is by design. Also my opinion is that the current design
with booting from volumes or images and different snapshotting paths
is very confusing for the users. That is why I had to write that page.