[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [all][Ironic][Nova] The /service API endpoint

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:00:46 UTC 2017

On 6/20/2017 1:37 AM, Kumari, Madhuri wrote:
> 2. Also why this API only expose the state of RPC servers and not the
> API server in the environment?

I've wondered the same. It looks like that filtering happened in Mitaka:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/277881/

I'm surprised that didn't happen in a microversion since it changed the
behavior of the API response.

If you read the bug report, it looks like the motivation was really
around the fact that the API services were showing up in a 'down' state
even though they really weren't down.

Another thing to keep in mind here are the other actions available in
the os-services API, like PUT /os-services/disable so you can disable a
nova-compute service so it's taken out of scheduling decisions.
Disabling an API service doesn't make sense, nor any other
non-nova-compute service, as noted in this thread [1] recently.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2017-June/013761.html

Matt