[Openstack-operators] [telemetry] Issues with autoscaling using HEAT, Aodh and Ceilometer

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Sun Jun 18 20:26:47 UTC 2017

On 16/06/17 04:32 AM, Amit Kumar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed OpenStack using OpenStack-Ansible 14.1.1. I have
> installed Ceilometer, Aodh and using Mongo DB. I am trying simple
> autoscaling scenario. On Horizon GUI, I have not been able to see the
> resource usage getting updated consistently. In "ceilometer meter-list"
> command is also not showing the update list of resources. In compute
> node ceilometer polling, I am seeing log like /"Skip pollster cpu_util,
> no resources found this cycle"/. Could you give any direction that what
> could be the issue?

is ansible 14.x mapped to newton? just an fyi, ceilometer's legacy
storage functionality (mongodb) is deprecated as of Ocata. also, the
horizon resource usage is similarly deprecated (if not removed). we
advise you to use gnocchi+grafana[1] for storage (or another db).

regarding Skip pollster cpu_util log, that is normal (specifically if
you're using libvirt/kvm). it's just logging that because libvirt
doesn't provide that metric via polling so it's calculated in post.

[1] http://gnocchi.xyz

--
gord